Network Health Check
Networks need to be dynamic and evolve, keeping pace with the ever changing requirements of business. For busy internal IT support teams, defining network information or updating topology documentation may not a priority. However, this means it can be difficult to support a network and deliver new services without serious issues.
Networks First’s Infrastructure Health Checks are performed across a range of networking services, including Firewalls, telephony and the very network infrastructure itself. As part of a Network Health Check our Professional Services team will determine objectives and provide advice on how to achieve them.
A Network Health Check will commonly involve the following service characteristics:
- Review the network topology
- Review VLAN implementation
- Review of software versions
- Review network access security
- Record link utilisation on critical/backbone links
- Identify any errors seen on critical/backbone links
- Record levels of broadcast traffic – VLAN configurations
- Record levels of multicast traffic
- Record routing protocols utilised and stability
- Comment on overall network health status – good/acceptable/poor
Network Health Check Benefits
Our specialist Network Health Checks provide a documented review of the current network status and recommend enhancements that are perceived as mandatory, highly desirable, or desirable. The resulting report provides both in-depth technical observations and metrics, as well as management level information and an executive summary, depending upon the type of assessment.
Our full range of Network Services
Following a successful network infrastructure project do you have the partner to deliver nationwide, multi-vendor support services or proactive network management and managed network security? Find more about our full range of services: